It's a new year...

What will it bring? Do I want to know? If someone had told me at the beginning of last year all that I would have to endure, it would have been too much for me. Yet, I'm amazed how God's grace has carried me through. And that's what I'm depending on to get me through this new year. If there's one thing God has impressed upon me this year, it's how totally sovereign he is and how comforting it is to know he's totally sovereign.

As I go into the new year, I'm reflecting on "newness". Isn't that what trials are all about? To continue growing us and making us more like Christ? I think if I were to have a new year's resolution, it would be that whatever God brings into my life this year, I would trust him through it all - submitting to him and depending on him to carry me through.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has 
passed away; behold, the new has come." 
~2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment