It Takes My Breath Away


I love the book of John! It's more than an eye-witness account of Jesus's life and ministry. 

It's a love letter from Jesus.

It's Jesus saying, "This is who I am, Beloved. I want you to know me - to know all about me. I want you to know where I was before the world began. I want you to know I created you. 

"I love you. I want you to know the depth of my love for you and the desire for intimacy with you. 

"I sacrificed my days and nights for you. I understand you and the trials you face and will face. I understand your heartache and pain because I've been there myself. I want you to know, not just that I pray for you, but what  and how I pray for you. I love you so much that when I leave, as I must, I'm giving you a comforter until we can be together forever. 

"I want you to know the love I have for you, so you can love me in return. I want you to know what that love looks like so you can love others as I have loved you. I want you to share my love, spread my love. I want you to know I am yours and you are mine - that nothing can ever separate us." 

I needed this reminder - to feel his love covering me. As Pastor Thomas, would say, “It takes my breath away."

What do you think? When's the last time you read John? Read it and, as you do, see it for the love letter it is and learn anew who Jesus is. Learn what real love looks like as you witness for yourself the sacrificial love of the one who loves you. Let me know what you think. Does it take your breath away?

No comments:

Post a Comment